Monday, June 6, 2016

Kids These Days

Ah, I remember when I was a child. Walking home from school, waving goodbye to all of my friends, telling them I would see if I could use the landline to call them or just saying that I'll see them tomorrow. These young whippersnappers these days just whip out their smart phones and text and Facebook and Tweet their friends. They don't appreciate what they have.



I remember the reason I even got a cell phone. In 6th grade, I was participating in a basketball summer camp over at the high school. My mom dropped me off in the morning, and I went into the school for practice. Little did I know that practice had been cancelled that day, and I was stuck waiting around for 2 hours before practice was supposed to end and my mother finally picked me up.

Needless to say, I got a cell phone fairly quickly after that. But you wanna know what kind of cell phone I got? A Tracfone. A pre-paid, cheap flip phone. And you wanna know what, I was so excited! I finally had a means to communicate with my friends more frequently!

Kids these days undervalue the gift that they have been given. They just assume they deserve the smart phones because everyone else has one.

No comments:

Post a Comment